Safety of our adult learners
At Merton College we have put additional measures in place to keep you and our community safe. Please read the information below so you are familiar with the precautions in place and take care to follow the rules and regulations so we can all continue to teach in a safe environment.
- Temperature checks for all students to be carried out on arrival at College
- Directional signs put in place so that a safe flow is maintained around the building
- Adult learners requested to wear face-coverings in classrooms where distance is less than 2 metres
- All staff and students expected to wear face coverings at all times outside classrooms and workshops when circulating around the College, unless they have a confirmed medical or social reason for not wearing one
- Staff and students advised to take the stairs instead of the lift – and if they require the use of a lift, to ensure only one person at a time uses it each time
- Staff and students advised to maintain a safe distance from others and to wash their hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Staff and students advised not to attend the College if they have symptoms such as a high temperature or a persistent cough
Important Information Regarding Enrolments
From September 2020, we will be using a variety of delivery methods for our courses including remote learning and face to face. Course information and delivery method can be found by clicking on the course of your interest on our website.
Once enrolled on an online course, your tutor will contact you by email to let you know how to access the online learning. In case you have limited access to video conferencing, your tutor will email you resources, presentations and links.
You can also view our Spring Term Course Guide, where you can find further information about the courses we are offering from September.
All adult learners will be expected to wear a mask or face covering when in college (classrooms, workshops and communal areas).
Please also note that courses at Merton Adult Education are only available to those who are 19+.
The full list of available discounts can be found here.
Browse our courses:
Merton Adult Education Courses
Book advice and guidance
Before booking an appointment for all subject areas please add your personal information to the learner portal and upload your ID evidence
- Completing your personal information on the learner portal
- Go to https://application.stcg.ac.uk/
- Create an account or click on Forgot your password so it can be reset if you are a returning student.
- You must complete all aspects of the application and upload all the relevant proof of ID, including relevant visa/residence permits where applicable.
These vocational advice and guidance sessions are for AAT Bookkeeping, AAT Accounting Software, Childcare, Preparing to Work in Schools, Health and Social Care, Business Administration, Customer Service and Distance Learning. Please note that these are not for English and maths.
Enquiries and expressions of interest for Adult Learning courses
If you are interested in a course for September 2020 and could not enrol, please complete the Expression of Interest form below and we will get in contact with you. We have a range of courses, you can find out more by clicking on the subject areas on our website.