MAE Online Resources Hub
Enquiries and expressions of interest for Adult Learning courses
As you know, the college is closed until further notice but we are working remotely.
If you are interested in a course for Term 3 (Summer Term) or September 2020, please complete the Expression of Interest form below and we will get back to you within a week. We have a range of vocational courses, English and Maths courses, Community Learning courses and Distance Learning courses. Course information can be found by clicking on the subject areas on the website.
All our distance learning courses can be completed online and are available during the period of college closure.
The Expression of Interest form below replaces our regular Advice and Guidance slots which have been suspended until further notice.
Online resources to help our learners and their families during the College closure
Accounting and Finance
Art, Craft and Fashion
Online exhibitions at Tate Britain and Tate Modern:
Business, Law and Professional Studies
Cake Decorating and Cookery
- Tips for Great Cakes
- Cake Word Search
- Baking Tutorials
- Baking True and False
- Baking Trivia
- Baking Quiz
Childcare, Health, Care and Science
Computing and IT
Fraud Prevention and Cyber Crime
- Duolingo - Learn pretty much any language for free.
- Free BSL for under 18s and a pay what you can system for adults
Leisure and Wellbeing
- Lucy Wyndham- Read has lots of great and free short workouts on You Tube
- Work out videos by Blogilates
Teaching and Training
Training for Work
- Barclays Life Skills with resources including CV Writing, Wellbeing, Self employment and Money Management.
- University virtual tours
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- This YouTube Channel Has Celebrities That Read Aloud to children.
- Mystery Science (Primary and Secondary) - Enjoy free science lessons with great videos or pay a membership to unlock more resources.
YouTube Videos on Numerous Subjects
- Crash Course (for older kids)
- Crash Course for Kids
- AI Activities for children
- Geography Games – learn the flags of the world, capital cities and where every county is in a series of fun games
- Ted Ed (Primary and Secondary)
- The Kids Should See This - This site blew us away! It’s packed full of excellent educational videos, offering an enjoyable way to reinforce much of what they learn at school.
- Skills Builder with activities to build essential skills
- DK Find Out: A place for children to see, learn, explore and find out about almost everything.
- iDEA Awards - Complete a range of digital projects and gain an award at the end.
- Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, children, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything.