Learn how to use your camera and its controls to capture your magical holiday moments.
There will be practical tasks on different subjects on a simple step by step basis.
This course covers the following:
- Understanding the use of your digital camera's basic features and viewfinder display information.
- An introduction to all of your camera's exposure controls (Auto, Program, Shutter priority, Aperture priority, Manual, ISO and EV) to produce well exposed photographs under different photo conditions.
- Using White Balance and flash options (including fill-in flash techniques).
- Learning how to produce well composed photographs.
- Advice on what makes great holiday photography topics
Students are required to bring their own digital camera (compact, DSLR, tablet or mobile phone), memory cards (with space for new photos) and instruction manuals (if possible). Please make sure the camera or mobile battery is fully charged up for the lesson.
Lesson information sheets will be provided in the lesson. Please bring a pen and a notepad to write your own additional notes.
There is group and one-to-one tuition. Constructive advice and problem solving of students own work will also be given.
No formal qualifications are required.
Progress onto our 10-week photography evening courses starting in September 2018.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.