The course will cover paint handling, colour mixing, warm & cool, tints and shades, modelling form, a wet into wet technique, layering and manipulating the paint. Subjects will include still life, portrait and landscape, contextualised with artist examples.
- How to handle acrylics, explore some methods & techniques
- Choose and prepare supports for painting
- Approach a variety of subjects
- Work from observation and selected secondary resources
- Develop composition
- Mix colours, tints and shades – develop an understanding of how colour works
- Develop individual creativity
Acrylic paints (Daler-Rowney System 3 are a good choice), brushes, flat palette, cartridge paper/pad, watercolour paper. Acrylic painting paper is not essential and canvas optional. If in doubt wait until your first class where your tutor can explain and show examples.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.