You will be working on a construction site or commercial premises, installing dry finishes such as plasterboard and wall board to given specifications; fixed and joined together ready to receive decorative finishes.
You'll learn key transferable skills and get an insight into areas like:
- Installing Dry Lining Partition systems in the workplace
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Productive working practices
- Moving, handling and storing
- Inspecting, testing and Installing electrical systems
You'll also learn about employer rights and responsibilities and study functional skills in maths, English and IT. You'll leave the course with a qualification in Building Services Engineering.
You may need to invest in smart clothing or specialist workwear appropriate to an office environment or working on site. Our team will discuss this with you and any items you need for college.
As this is a work-based qualification you'll be assessed through a mixture of classroom and workplace observation, portfolio building and online exams.
To become an apprentice with us, candidates must:
- Be 16 or older
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK for the last three years
- GCSE Grade A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Not qualified at or above Level 4 e.g a HNC
- Pass a short assessment for maths and English
Upon completion of this course you will encouraged with the support of your employer to progress onto the advanced apprenticeship.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.