The objective of this new course is to prepare learners for employment in the workplace.
- Understand job profiles and Labour Market Information
- Assessing our skills and the skills that are needed in the workplace today
- Produce a relevant CV and covering letter to impress a prospective employer
- Plan your job hunting and the best places to look for opportunities
- Using social media for your job search
- The benefits of volunteering and work placements and how to find these opportunities
- How to complete a job application form with confidence
- Prepare for a job interview and impress an employer .
- How to deliver excellent customer service
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- How to work in team successfully
- Your next steps after the course
- Resources to take away after the course
- One to one careers follow up appointment offered after the course
Computer , tablet or mobile phone needed
There is no formal assessment but your tutor will set tasks throughout the course which will have target completion dates .
Basic level of English and IT.
You will need to take an assessment before enrolling on this course.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Enrol on another training for work course or onto another programme at Merton Adult Education.